Warlord Games Sarge Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official home for all Business & News of the WG Sarge Store Support Program

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

After action Reports August 2018

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emiliano

After action Reports August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: After action Reports August 2018   After action Reports August 2018 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:33 am

Please post after action reports here
Back to top Go down
Shrapnelsmile

Shrapnelsmile

After action Reports August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: K47 Hobbytown Demos August 31, 2018   After action Reports August 2018 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 am

1. Hobbytown Fresno. 559-435-3342
2. 102 E. Barstow Avenue Fresno,CA  93710
3. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4. Konflikt '47 Demo and Open Play Night
6.  Only one demo was conducted at the event, with 2 curious watching. 3 people total.
5. August 31, 2018  6:30 PM - Midnight Open Play. Demos start at 6:00 and end at 8:00 PM.
7.A:  "join us for action with the alternate-history weird WW II miniatures game Konflikt '47. Demos will take place from 6:00 - 8 PM, or meet an opponent and enjoy the Hobbytown open gaming until Midnight. all materials provided for demos.  Bolt Action players are welcome to gather here as well. Arrange opponents and plans in the comments, and we'll see you there!
7.B:  Demos are under 400 points and consist of an attacker / defender scenario where German troops are trying to blow up an immobilized, unmanned light walker.  This is my tested, tried and true demo as players enjoy it and it is fairly balanced.
7.C:  This was a "person specific" demo for a guy who has the Japanese starer but had never played. I knew he had to be hooked fast, or the box set may go into his closet of shame.  I had hopes of others wanting to try, but many people were preoccupied with their plans that night. In addition, I did not make flyers this time (cost) so that reduced the number of prospects making a special trip.  The new recruit really enjoyed the game, however, and his Nachtjager decimated the objective and won the match on turn 4.  Demo was 25 minutes, which is what I was intending as he had a date after the event.  He loved the system and is assembling his K47 now.  He plans to buy one heavy armor command squad for Japan and play in the team night I am planning next.
The store, as always, appreciated the efforts and Cody is placing an order shortly.
8.  Several other game systems were played at the shop during the event, including 40K, AoS and Shadespire.
9.  No time for pics at this event unfortunately.
Additional info / thoughts:
Store stock for K47 new releases was minimal, and one established player opted to buy the new Defiance book online the previous week instead.
The next K47 event is intended to maintain the current player base with a supported team atsmosphere, paring up experienced gamers with the new recruits.  I find that a balance of demos coupled with support to avoid players drifting away is key to slowly, albeit very slowly, growing a scene.   Onward and upward.
Thanks to Warlord staff for their continued support.
Back to top Go down

After action Reports August 2018
Page 1 of 1