Warlord Games Sarge Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official home for all Business & News of the WG Sarge Store Support Program

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AAR - 2017 DECEMBER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SargeAdmin

AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Empty
PostSubject: AAR - 2017 DECEMBER   AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 9:51 am

Here is the Thread for all DECEMBER 2017 After Action Reports
Back to top Go down
BoltActionMissouri

PostSubject: Re: AAR - 2017 DECEMBER   AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm

VFW (Gamer's Hideout Sarge Led)
St Robert, MO
Tournament - Golden Dog Tag
2 December 11-7pm
26 registeted, 22 attended
Photos in the group, and sent to WG staff.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Frep

PostSubject: Re: AAR - 2017 DECEMBER   AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 2:45 pm

1) I Want That Stuff/Board Game Empire 1150B 19th Street, Brandon, MB R7B 2M4
2) Bolt Action
3) 1000 point friendly games
4) December 7th, 6:30 pm
5) Information posted on local facebook group, "Brandon Wargaming League"
6,7,Cool With our escalation league wrapped up in November, and many players otherwise occupied during the month of December it was decided to run a low key games evening, followed by a quick meeting with players to discuss what sort of events they want to see in the new year. (I admit I'm behind on my reporting and the event has already occurred, with a decent turn out of seven players).

On the day of the event we had 7 players show up and we decided to run two 2000 point team games, one of our players had brought extra units and bumped his list up to 2000. The match ups were random, after avoiding "Blue on Blue" matchups in our previous events it was a nice opportunity to play games that weren't simply Axis vs Allies. Both sets of players rolled randomly for scenarios and both tables ended up playing double envelopement. Table A had the Finns and a Panzergrenadier platoon take on a Japanese/Fallschirmjager Alliance, meanwhile on Table B the United States Marine Corps and some British Paras took on two platoons of Germans with heavy panzer support.

Due to the late start time we were able to only fit in the single game on the day. However, afterwards a few players stayed at the store for a quick meeting to discuss what events they wanted to see in the future. The consensus was quickly reached, they wanted more Bolt Action! Our earlier escalation league had proven a great success, with many new players wanting to join in. With this in mind I have begun scheduling a new, longer running league, that should begin in January. In addition we have also decided to run a month "Event Day" where games that don't fit a standard tournament format will be played. There is a lot of excite about trying out things like scenario battles from assorted campaign books, a D-Day themed event or even just large narrative games. The first day for the new escalation league has been plotted out and I will be consulting with IWTS to decide on an available date for the first Event Night.

By holding this event in the evening of a workday we were able to have the store virtually to ourselves, but it did unfortunately mean several out of town players were unable to attend and I will endeavor to keep as many events as possible scheduled for weekends.
Back to top Go down
BoltActionMissouri

PostSubject: Re: AAR - 2017 DECEMBER   AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Gamers Hideout
St Robert
N/a
Demo
16Dec2017
1700-2000
MTG drafts
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
cpoon

PostSubject: Re: AAR - 2017 DECEMBER   AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 5:54 pm

1) Apt To Game

2)5722 104 St NW Edmonton, AB T6H 2K2

3) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4) In store demos / open gaming night December 3 and 17, 2017 - 2pm till 6pm both days

5) Information posted on local facebook group, "Edmonton "Bolt Action" gaming" and mini event cards located at the store.

6) December 3 we had 2 gamers attend and December 17 we had 3 gamers attend

7) Both days demos were available on request. On the 17th we had a couple ask about the game system but couldn't stay for a demo. Both pledge to come out in January to try out a demo of the game. The two days ended up being open gaming days. We had 5 different members of the local bolt action community come out and play games. My gaming groups newest desert themed buildings were used on the December 3 open gaming event.

9) Photos posted on the Warlord Sarges Facebook Page under the album titled "Apt To Game - Demos and Open Gaming Dec 2017" and below in this post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.apttogame.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAR - 2017 DECEMBER   AAR - 2017 DECEMBER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AAR - 2017 DECEMBER
Page 1 of 1